Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guest Post: Chantelle from Fat Mum Slim - Bondi

Happy Happy Wednesday! I am oh so excited today! 
One of my favorite bloggers, Chantelle (or Telle) from Fat Mum Slim , is guest posting for me!
She is from Australia, beautiful, super sweet, a Mum, a wife.
My favorite thing about her, she is original and true to herself!
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in real life, but I just know she would be a delight.
I would jump up and down like a little school girl if I ever met her!
************************************************************


Celia has kindly invited me over to guest post on her blog today, all the way from Australia. I thought it would be fun to share a little bit about where I live. Thanks for having me Celia.

Having grown up in the Country and moved to the City once I finished school, I never imagined living here for long. But this is home now. I'm not sure if it's forever, but for now it's where I love to be, and here's five reasons why.

1. The beach
I've always lived close to the water, most Australians do. I've seen on TV a few times when people visit the beach for the first time as adults, and it always amazes me. I love living near the water, and couldn't imagine living too far away. It calms me, makes me happy and is where I like to retreat to on hot summer days.

2. The off-season
During the colder months Bondi {where I live} is just filled with locals {mostly}. It's quieter and it's all ours. During summer Bondi is packed to the brim. There's really only one main road in and out, and it can take forever to get anywhere. I love it during the off-season because it's peaceful and all ours.

3. The people
Bondi is the cool side of town, where artists and creative-types love to hang out. Anything goes. I love that Bondi is home to all sorts of people. You never know who you'll meet!

4. The walking paths
Whenever we think about moving anywhere elsewhere, I always wonder if the walking paths will be as beautiful. Whichever way you go for walk here, you're bound to be surrounded by something beautiful. I'd miss that!

5. The memories
Having lived here for 8 years now, we've made so many memories here. My daughter's name is etched into the pavement out the front. My husband and I have had many dates in the restaurants throughout our little town. There was even the time we had a drunk picnic down on the hill near the beach.


Where do you call home? What do you love about where you live?

2 comments:

  1. How cool she guest posted for you! I love living near the water, too (although it isn't the greatest beach).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lived by the beach for a few yrs and off season was always so fun! tourists were gone and beaches to ourselves! love the post:)

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)