Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm a slaaaaave for cupcakes....

Did you know last week was National Cupcake Week?
At least that's what I saw on Facebook.

I was too lazy to drive to a cupcakery. 
So I slaaaaved in the kitchen to make cupcakes.
How could I not have a cupcake during National Cupcake Week?


Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing and fresh strawberries on top. 
Are you drooling yet? They were delish, and since we had a little watch party for our Houston Cougars game this past weekend I layed some out for our guest. They raved! 
...and... 
i have a little secret to share with you.
ready?


I don't always have time to bake from scratch. 
I also don't want to pay $3.75 for one cupcake all the time when I feel like having a good cupcake!
For approximately $6.00 we had 24 cupcakes! 
 
For me, baking (and cooking) is a stress reliever. 
You can have delicious cupcakes with out spending hours in the kitchen.
Bake from your heart, and you will have yummy baked goods!

Do you like to bake? 
I actually don't like to bake cakes.
Those stress me out! ...and I can't decorate those for the life of me! 
What is your favorite thing to bake?


*******************
Go enter the Princess House Giveaway here from Lauren's store hosted by Neely!

10 comments:

  1. Cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, pies, anything I LOVE to bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for home baked goods. It seems like every time I make cupcakes, I have to make them from scratch because it makes me feel happy. But the strawberry looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove to bake! Cookies, brownies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, bread.... You name it, I'll bake it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need a cupcake today :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE to bake!!! I can't wait for the wedding to be over so that I can make more sweets! And after the wedding I will have my new kitchenaid mixer!!! woot!!! Your cupcakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baking!!! My favorite thing to bake is upside down pineapple cake... with a splash of rum on top. yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to bake. I just hate the clean up afterwards!

    I prefer to bake from scratch - more rewarding for me. My favorite things to bake are cupcakes, cookies, and breads/buns. I love trying out unique recipes. I made Root Beer Float Cupcakes and took them to a cookout at my brother's and they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you still need to bake me a cupcake.... :)

    These look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to cheat and make store boxed cupcakes! I made cherry chip this weekend! I'm a new follower from Perfectly imperfect, I just love her!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)