Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Letter to myself - 16yrs old

Hey Celia!
It's me, well you...
Well this is awkward.

I am writing to you from the future.
I am the 26yr old version of you.

Don't believe me? You wear levis, you swear by them...
and 10yrs from now... you will still swear by them.
They are the only ones that fit your itty bitty waist and
big hips!

You are currently with a guy who is a senior at your highschool.
You think you are in love, but you are only in lust my dear.
You spend your weekends wondering where he is...
because you have received those phone calls from him...
from jail.... after one of his rapper shows.

he drinks, a lot. he does drugs...
yea something you don't believe in.
why are you with him?





He tells you he loves you.
He tells you he wants to marry you, two years after you graduate highschool.
You think, there is no perfect man out there. Perhaps you will just settle.
Your relationship is on and off for the next couple of years.
You find out he is cheating and you end it.
For good.

He will ask you for permission to marry the girl he is with in a few years (the girl he cheated on you with)
and he will ask you "this guy isn't going away is he?" ... the guy he will be referring to...
is your future husband.

You are trying to find yourself right now.
You ARE a coconut hun.

You are trying to be more "mexican", but it's not really working out for you.
You are who you are. Honestly, your not-so-mexican ways will benefit you later.
Trust me.





You work two jobs and still maintain your A's in school!
You are after that money, and it never changes.
You like to make your own money, buy what you want and do what you want!





You have this reputation in highschool... yet you've never laid a finger on anyone.
You are very opinionated and have no problem telling people off.
You're like 90lbs...literally and will tell any biznatch to meet you in the bathroom after school!
This never really changed, but you try your hardest to consider people's feelings as you get older.
You will one day understand that sometimes you just don't know
what is going on in people's lives.
It is much more respectable to be nice, and understanding.
You see people who are constantly bitchy as weak & unhappy.





Your parents are strict, you don't always understand why.
...but your relationship with them never changes.
you are close to them. They mean the world to you...


Source: None via Whitney on Pinterest



...and later when you meet guys it's one of the first things you tell them.
you even tell your future husband that your parents will always be in your life.
you will always help them, and if he has a problem with that... then he needs to walk.

You give up your dreams of going to college when your Dad gets sick...
but little do you know you will go off to a big university, you only get
two short years to live that college dream...
then your life changes drastically.

You are determined and will still work your way through college... one class at a time.
People will try to discourage you, but you'll quickly realise the people who
tell you college is a waste of time and money are those who have
never been... or couldn't make it through it.
Keep pushing through.


Source: None via Melissa on Pinterest



See you in 10 years!

10 comments:

  1. this totally brought tears to my eyes... I am silly I know.. but a lot of it is just..so real.. and I keep on asking to myself why the hell didn't we listen to our guts A LOT of times in the past.... or why didn't we at LEAST listen to your parents...
    Great post Celia!! in fact Buenisimo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an awesome post, Celia! Very heartfelt and a great way to get to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing post! So genuine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! And got me thinking. I wonder what I would say to myself.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful, wonderful post. you're a strong woman. thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! Isn't it crazy to look back and see the shit we put up with from guys??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is the best post ever. I agree with Tara...thank you for letting me see a different side of you.

    I loved the "trying to be mexican" part.

    Awesome post!!!! LOved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I just came upon your blog..

    And this was a great post to introduce me to you!

    This is great. If only we knew the things we know now then.. I think that sentence makes sense. :)

    Cherie @ Refractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome of you to open up on your blog like this! Such a great idea for a post :) Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! So beautiful! I wish we could talk to high school girls and tell them it's going to get better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)