Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ridgemont Reserve - Whiskey Brownies

It's no secret amongst our friends that Mychael is a whiskey guy.

I have been searching for whiskey recipes.

Then, I found a recipe for homemade Jack  Daniel's brownies on food.com


Super easy y'all! 



Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar 
1/3 cup Crisco shortening
2 tablespoons water
6oz. chocolate chips (I used Nestle) 
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 - 1/2 cup Ridgemont Reserve*

Glaze:
6oz chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter

Directions: 
1.) Set oven to 350F
2.) Grease a 9-inch square pan.
3.) In a bowl, sift together, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4.) In a saucepan, combine sugar, shortening and water; cook over low heat to a light boil. Add in chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in flour mixture and nuts. Stir well.
5.) Put mix into the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly.
6.) Bake for 25-30 minutes. 
7.) Remove from pan, slowly and evenly pour Ridgemont Reserve on top. Cool.
8.) For glaze: Melt chocolate chips with butter in small sauce pan, or in the microwave, stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. 

*we didn't have Jack Daniel's at the house so I substituted Ridgemont instead. 

Mychael loved the brownies. 
He sent his coworker teasing photos of the brownies.
I, on the other hand, do not like whiskey... 
but prior to the whiskey taste in my mouth they were yummy! 



7 comments:

  1. Oh my! Booze & chocolate sounds like a fabulous combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those brownies look amazing!!

    BTW check out my blog I nominated you for a blog award.
    Ashlee

    www.onthefrontporchlookingin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. now if only they could give you a buzz.... lol yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make some rum cake. Help meeeez! I wonder how good those would taste-- like you, I'm not a whiskey girl. I'm a fruity girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I need to make these! Dylan would love them and I just happen to have whiskey to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like whiskey either, but I know some boys who would love this!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)