Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fave Holiday Tradition, New or Old



Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge





My favorite Christmas tradition is opening a gift at midnight on Christmas Eve!

source
My Mom and I have done this since I was a tot.
We would stay up watching movies and then wake my Dad up and open a gift.
Then head to bed, and wake up excited Christmas morning.

Now, I still try to stay up 'til midnight and since I don't live with my parents & I send them a Merry Christmas text! We also get to open a present, and on Christmas my parents come over... or we head over there.

Mychael and I also head out to the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights every year.
For the past 4 years we have been to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra! =)

I can't wait to continue on these traditions one day with a little tot of our own!

What is your favorite holiday tradition?





18 comments:

  1. we see TSO each year also!! such a wonderful performance! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We open one thing on Christmas Eve too... Just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We always used to open one gift on Christmas Eve, too! However, we didn't wait until midnight. Haha. What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband does this too! We grew up getting to open Christmas PJ's on Eve so we could go to bed in them and wake up and open gifts the next morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to open a gift at midnight! Such a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun tradition! We usually opened one on Christmas Eve when I was a kid, but midnight sounds so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We would open all of our family presents on Christmas Eve and then our "Santa" presents in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that cute that you still stay up until midnight! As kids, we were allowed to pick one present from under the tree on Christmas Eve to open! We didn't believe in Santa (boo!) so all our presents were there. Only stipulation is you couldn't open the big ones. It was still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun! We always opened a gift on Christmas eve but there was no way I would have been allowed to stay up til Midnight. That's when Santa comes... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never did this as a kid! Now that I'm an adult we do though, because my husband's family always opened their PJs on Christmas eve. I love doing that now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had a pj tradition!! Of all my family traditions - getting a new ornament each year is my favorite. I think... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot let my daughter read this!!! She will drive me crazy at midnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish my parents let me open a gift on christmas eve! sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun tradition - I love the holidays,and I LOVE the trans-siberian orchestra!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how cute;
    i love this idea;
    and also i LOVEEEE TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA!!!
    PLAYING IT ON PANDORA AS OF NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love opening a gift christmas eve! cute how you send your mom a text :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. we used to do that, but then my dad vetoed it. he said we wait an entire year for xmas we can wait 7 more hours! LOL. so i tried making tim do it with me and he agreed with my dad. couldn't believe it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Opening a gift a midnight is AWESOME!!! I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)