Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hold on to Your Family Tight


Ahhh good day peoples. 
My Dad had a colonoscopy done this morning. 
They removed 3 polyps... tested them... 
and yay benign! 

My Mom said when he woke up the first thing he wanted to do was call me. 
So we talked, he sounded great, and in good spirits. 
He had been having stomach pains a lot recently.
So hopefully this was the cause of it
and now we are done. 

My Dad hasn't been very lucky on the health side of things.
So I am really glad I didn't get a phone call
saying it was the C word. 


As an only child my biggest fear is losing my parents. 
I know I have my soon to be hubby, and 
my parents have already considered him
a part of the family for years.

...but as fiance says, we are the 3 musketeers. 

Can't wait for Thanksgiving to make more memories with them. 

Heading over to my parents house tonight, Dad wants
to see me =)

Hold on to your family tight. 
You never know when they might not be there. 

p.s. major thanks to Savanah for being there for me when I didn't know what to expect. Seriously love you girl!


16 comments:

  1. So happy your daddy is OK! Nothing scarier than the possibility of losing a parent (except perhaps a child, but I don't have one yet, so I don't know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Wish you had come to me-- my dad had the same issue back when he was in his early thirties-- stomach problems, couldn't figure out what was wrong. He had MANY MANY polyps and they all ended up being benign. And the cool thing is, he got them removed and hasn't been hurting/sick since and hasn't had another one since then (and he's coming up on 50). :) I'm happy your dad is okay and hope you have fun hanging out with your parents today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a big relief for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad had a health scare last year and it scared the daylights out of me! Luckily everything turned out okay but you're right--it really makes you think. I'm so glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sick parent is so scary! I'm so happy that you got some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy he's okay! That's so scary to undergo. This particularly hits home with me bc there is a history of colon cancer/problems in my family. I should probably start getting scanned. *hugs* Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soooo glad you all got some good news! I hope the big scary C is something you never ever have to deal with!!!! Have fun with your parents tonight, enjoy them & hug them a little harder then usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it all worked out and he will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you had good news :) I feel like this week's been full of bad news for me...my best friend's dad died and heard about someone else who was just diagnosed with cancer.
    Life is so fragile. Love your dad as long as you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad everything is okay :) My family is everything to me too; I don't know what I'd do without one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you got good news! How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so SO glad he's ok! my family means everything to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I could help out! :) And I'm so happy that everything turned out to be ok!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! So glad your dad received positive news! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)