Monday, November 28, 2011

I can feel you in my heart

Happy Monday my dears! 
I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! 

This year, Mychael and I actually had a great Thanksgiving.

Last year, on the eve of Thanksgiving we had to let our little girl go to the Rainbow Bridge.
We knew she had bad kidneys but she wouldn't let us treat...
but after speaking with the vet, and after an ultrasound they found that she had cancer
in her abdomen, it was inoperable and had taken over most of her organs...
We cancelled all plans, and mourned through all of our vacation. 
My parents dropped by, and brought us plates of food... we didn't really eat 
until days later... 

Miss Kitty was my first cat.
She was our family cat. Before her, my Dad didn't like cats. He was a dog person.
Miss Kitty adopted him and told him who was boss, she became our first indoor cat. 


After hurricane Ike, I moved in with Mychael and his parents. 
...but I wasn't leaving my cats behind. Miss Kitty was one of the cats that came with me.
The family wasn't an animal family, Miss Kitty changed them.
Miss Kitty was stubborn and adopted Mychael,
she took over his boxes, his sub for his speakers, his chair and his lap. 

I still can't believe she is gone, but I know she is in my heart. 

Marco & Miss Kitty - 2009

...then, a month ago today...

I lost my Marco.
I cried myself to work that morning, burst into tears in my office, then cried myself home.
I didn't think I could ever survive without my Marco. 
He slept on my bed since I was little, he was my movie watching partner.
He helped me study for my bio/chem tests, he watched me as I got ready for work
and greeted me when I got home...
I've had him since I was a kid.

I'm okay. I know he is in my heart. I know that he and his Mom - Miss Kitty are waiting 
for Mychael and I at the rainbow bridge.


Miss you Marco, our little kitchen helper. 

Our other two kitties have helped us tremendously. 
I'll be adding them to the Furkids tab soon.
It's long over due.


8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great thanksgiving!

    p.s-your package should be arriving today :) sorry it is so late!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear goodness, this is making me so sad!! Kitties have a special place in my heart. They are family. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never in a million years would have guessed I would be a kitty person but they are amazing animals. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( this makes me sad. but I love the rainbow bridge place :) cats are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imangine what you are going through. I would die if I lost my cat, he means everything to me, but sometimes we just have to let go and realize they are in a better place. At least you have two other babies! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh :-( This is so sad. Pets are definitely special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad! I’m sorry! My cat died two weeks ago. We’re all really sad around here. He was our one and only family pet and my husband’s first pet ever! He was only 6, but an indoor cat. He got outside and froze (I guess, nothing else seemed wrong with him). It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw how sad :( our pets are so special to us and it is horrible when they leave us but like you said they stay in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)