Monday, January 16, 2012

Be you.





Truth. I couldn't have seen this pin at a better time. 
You know, no matter what you do there will always be others trying to bring you down. 
I'm striving in all aspects of my life to be a better me. 

I really have to learn that what other people think really doesn't matter. 

So what that I am not considered "obese" and others still think that I am "skinny" because I am not as big as they are. I am unhappy with my body and have been told that I do have too much fat on it. 
Therefore I will continue with my fitness goals. No one can discourage me from this anymore. 

So what that some people think college is stupid? 
I want my degree(s) and I will work my butt off to get them. 
I am smart, I have a supportive fiance and family. I can do it. 
The early mornings, late nights, and declining of social events will all be worth it. 

So what if some people have had failed marriages and keep telling me that everything will change when I get married. I'm not them, Mychael isn't like their psychotic ex husbands. I will get married, and if things go south I will try my hardest to resolve our issues. If that doesn't work, I'm not afraid to walk away. 

So what if I get excited to see that my follower count continues to grow. You know I started this blog in 2008 just as a place to put my thoughts. Then I started to have a couple people here and there make comments. I started to read other blogs and comment as well. This past year I started networking and it has been so much fun! I never knew blogging could be a source of friendships and fun!
I don't have a set number that I want to get to one day, I just love meeting little milestones! 

We all have so much pressure that we put on ourselves, and that others put on us. 
Just be you, who cares about them. 
=)

11 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! Just what I needed to hear on a Monday morning... I always remember that you can never please others, so just try to be please with yourself. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg celia this is so true- i was going through some of the same things the other day worrying about wedding plans and other things that aren't that important..so glad you're sticking to being yourself and doing your OWN thing :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!!! All the group think drives me nuts. We are all individual people. What works for me may not work for you! Congrats on 300 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes .... This post is amazing! I heart you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and completely agree! People are always going to have something to say so it's just best to let them talk and let it roll off your back. Who cares what they think.

    Congrats on 300! I don't have a goal either, but it is fun to see that people actually like what I blog about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on hitting 300!!

    Great post today....I think it is super important, esp in the blog world. Seems like everyone gets lost in blogging what they think people want to read instead of blogging about what they want to write! I know it is sometimes a combo of both, but often is too one-sided.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote and your energy. "So what"...is right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is probably one of my favorite post of yours;
    it is sooo true.
    you need to be YOU.
    not what people want you to be..this is something i need to work on too

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this!! love your positivity it is all so true! you're never going to be able to please everyone so just make sure you're true to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! It can definitely be hard sometimes to not care what people are thinking. Sometimes, I'm obsessed with the fact that people might be judging me.

    The bottom line is, the most important thing in life is YOU. YOU and your loved ones should be the only ones that matter, no one else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! I also repinned this pin because I need this reminder. You just gotta be you!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)