Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blogger's Biggest Loser I



Blogger's Biggest Loser



Hello my dears! It's the 1st edition of Blogger's Biggest Loser!

I have been looking for a way to keep myself accountable with my fitness goals, this is perfect! I have to confess to all of you I am super nervous. I am the biggest I have ever been in my life.

I am upset with myself on a daily basis right now. I am to the point that when I eat, I feel extreme guilt. This is not healthy. I have had meltdowns in the last couple weeks because I am so unhappy with my current weight and overall look of my body.

Let's give you a little background. I'm 5' 3&1/2" ... the half counts...all through high school I weighed about 90-95lbs and was between a 00 and 1 jeans. I always tried to gain weight and it just didn't work. I ate like crap, hello soda and pint of icecream for lunch. I could never gain weight. Oh & throw in the fact that I had modeled for about a year, all I heard was I could not go over 100lbs. I knew this was not healthy at all. Needless to say, I dropped modeling.


Then after high school I finally gained weight, I stayed around 110-115lbs and was in size 5-7 jeans. I was pretty happy with this, I looked a lot healthier.


At around 25 I went through another little weight gain and stayed between 115-120lbs. I stayed in size 7 jeans. Okay with me. I started working out at a gym with a personal trainer. My reasoning? I hear that as you get closer to your 30's you start to gain more weight and its harder to keep it off. If I decide to have children I want to make sure that I can bounce back to my prebaby body, I hear it's easier if you are fit before hand. Of course my Pops having health problems in his mid 30's was another reason.


Now, I am 27... and I am at 144lbs. I would be totally okay with this if I had been working out hardcore...but this is all fatty weight. I am in size 11 jeans and even those are starting to be way too tight. My size 8 dress pants barely close... I am not okay with being a 10. Typically if I don't like the weight I am at I just change my diet, and wa-la my weight drops. This time... it's not working. I worked with a personal trainer at my new gym and he told me I was borderline overweight. le sigh.


I can't help it, I am one of those people where looks do matter to me!

My goals....
  • go to the gym at least 3 times a week. 30mins cardio, 30mins weights.
  • get out of the 140's... I would be okay with 130lbs. 
  • flat stomach, sculpted arms, back, and legs. 
  • No fast food for the month of January.
What are your fitness goals? 





Click the button above, and link up with us!

Join me on MFP!

19 comments:

  1. You can do it...it's going to take a little work but you can! My goals are to be working out at least 4 times a week and run a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia!!! You can do it!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!! No matter what, you are going to look GORGEOUS on your big day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! I've heard that's how everyone in my family is too. When we're young we can eat whatever we want, then around early-mid 20's it really starts affecting us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it girl, we'll all hold you accountable. :) I'm going to attempt no fast food as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel Celia! My weight keeps creeping up! We'll keep each other accountable, I can't wait to hear about your loss in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Celia! You can do it! I really need to try the no fast food thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I'm so glad your joining in with us! I'm officially determined to do this! Let's hold eachother accountable (and I am giving you permission to Blip YELL at me if I check in to Starbucks more then once a week!!!) LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe you can do it! I'm actually trying to limit my fast food intake as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post!

    Your weight story is a lot like my middle sister's. She found that swimming has been the best exercise to lose weight, but not bulk up on her tiny frame.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and I have pretty much the same story girl!! I love that you're making goals for yourself and finding the support, great job! I'm trying to do the same this year :) I'm excited to follow you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we are the same person. My timeline is pretty much identical to yours! You can do it, girl! I'm at my goal weight now and for me its all about portion control! I still eat mcdonalds, I just eat a kids meal instead of a big mac!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand where you're coming from! I hope that you reach your goals and I look forward to following along on your journey. I am in the process of getting my buns back in shape also! Good luck! You will get there. Don't be so hard on yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you can do it! I have the same goals. and DEFINITELY no fast food. i've already broken that rule today at stupid work, but i'm now holding myself accountable.

    we can do ittttt!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's so brave of you to post all this on your blog. And for what it's worth, I think you look great even now--you still have a flat stomach! I understand how you feel, though, because I'm in the same boat. It's true that you just gain weight as you get older! Fast food isn't a problem for me; I'm a vegetarian, so I can't really eat fast food anyway. I think my biggest problems are late night eating, pasta, and wine. haha! I gave up cheese for the month of January just to see how that affects things . . . I am way too reliant on cheese!

    Good luck, and I'm eager to hear about your progress! I used MFP last spring (and did the 30 Day Shred 6x a week) and lost at least 10 pounds. Unfortunately I think I gained it all back over the holidays . . . too scared to get on a scale!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your weight loss/healthier living goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you know just how inspiring it was to read this. I think time can change a lot of things, including our bodies. You have a great set of goals and I cannot wait to see how everything unfolds for you through Blogger's Biggest Loser! It's so inspiring to read through all the posts from this week. Thank you for sharing!

    Callie @ coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have very similar stories. I was a stick from the time I was little until I graduated from college (I was never over a 100lbs & it wasn't because I was trying to stay there). After I started teaching I gained weight. I wasn't bothered by it because I actually felt like I looked healthy instead of so skinny. In high school my friends thought I was on a big mac diet because I could eat them and never gain anything. I was probably at my heaviest (maybe 145-150) after my husband and I started dated. Most likely because I was so happy after a tough couple of years that it just happened. I lost weight & inches before our wedding, but I'm smaller now than I was over 3 years ago. I started eating less and I wouldn't eat after 6pm. Then I was also sick 2 times last year where I didn't eat for a couple of days. I think now my stomach can only handle so much food which helps me. I need to add the fitness in because I need the toning, but I was thrilled over break to get rid of 2 pairs of pants that were 2 sizes too big and I had to buy a new pair. I mostly wear dresses but it's nice to have dress pants that actually fit! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)