Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dreaming


I typically don't remember my dreams, but a couple months ago I had a dream about our wedding. It was beautiful and calm just the way we had hoped. I woke up feeling an overwhelming amount of love and excitement. For the first time ever I had dreamt of my wedding day, our wedding day. I was so excited. 

This past weekend I dreamt of our wedding again. Except this time I dreamt that Mychael called it off. I had no idea why. I couldn't get in contact with him. I went to his Dad and he hadn't seen him, he offered me a place to stay but I didn't want to. So, I just started walking down the street with my bag and didn't have a clue where I was off to. I tried to call Mychael as it started to get late and noticed he had blocked me from his phone. I couldn't even speak to him on the phone. How was I going to make anything right? When I looked back up from my phone the scenery was all different. I didn't have a clue where I was. I woke up crying that morning and it basically had be all kinds of sad for the rest of the day. 

I've read up on some dream interpretations, the dream of our wedding day going great means that I am excited and committed. The second one signifies a road bump either in our relationship or in the planning. I think we got over our road bump. I mean we are both pretty stressed out right now in regards to our careers. Planning, well I seem to have a MIA person in my bridal party and I am pretty torn on what to do about it. My solution is to just push forward and she will hop on the train or she won't. Press on, and just not fret about it. 

Have you had any dreams like this? 
I'm ready for my next happy marriage dream.

6 comments:

  1. I had an MIA bridesmaid! It was for the better -- I ended up just being honest with her and said I didn't feel right about her standing up with me on my wedding day. She didn't come to the wedding and our friendship was never repaired per say -- but I had to do what I had to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have wedding dreams before the big day! Just wait until you're pregnant and have those dreams...they're even crazier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I had these dreams all THE TIME!!!!!! I still have some occasionally! Totally normal! Your brain is in overdrive right now planning wedding stuff, so of course it is only natural for your mind to go cray cray at night while you are at rest!!!! You'll have happy wedding dreams! I promise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had baby dreams, in which D & I have a baby. In my dreams, our baby was always a girl and she was the most adorable baby I had ever seen. I would wake up with horrible baby fever. haha.

    So it's not really similar to what you're experiencing but it still was kind of crazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding will be fabulous. I'm sure such a stylish lady like yourself wouldn't have anything less. My dreams are usually silly dreams that make little sense. It has been a while since I've had a dream that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so many wedding anxiety dreams when I was engaged! I would dream that I'm getting ready when I realize that my wedding is in 5 minutes. Or I'd be wandering the streets of a city in my wedding dress. Or I would be walking around and look down and realize I'm wearing my wedding dress! It was insane!
    Dreams fascinate me, but the truth is, weddings are crazy stressful! After all those dreams our wedding went off just fine, and we're happily married! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)