Wednesday, February 15, 2012

flowers, flowers, flowers...

Ahhhh the Stargazer Lily. My favorite flower! This photo is from a bouqet Mychael had sent to me back in 2008 for my birthday when I was working in the pharmacy.
Oh hi. Look it's me at work. I worked for the BEST pharmacy ever in life. CVS. Seriously. Don't fill your prescriptions elsewhere.

Anywho. I brought those beautiful flowers home. More of them bloomed, it was beautiful! I was so smitten. Then. Mychael broke my heart. We realized that the pollen from the flowers made his allergies go nuts! Sneezing, itchy eyes, the whole works! I couldn't believe it. 

This was the last time that we had Stargazer's at home.
I had hoped that one day when we got married I would be carrying a bouquet of Stargazers. 
To tell you the truth, I haven't really taken too much time to look at types of flowers for our wedding. 

Since we now have our primary color picked for our wedding, Scarlet Red, I'm thinking maybe I will carry an all red bouquet. Or perhaps, mostly red with some touches of Fall colors.Or maybe an all white bouquet. It's so hard to choose y'all! Overall I really want the wedding to have a soft touch. 






Our bridesmaids dresses are Scarlet red, ones they chose themselves, you'll get to see those when we post about the wedding. =) I want them to have a say in everything that has anything to do with them. I was thinking all white bouquets for them would look really nice. 

What do you think? How did you choose?

13 comments:

  1. I love the pendant on the all white one, but the red flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the contrast of an red bouquet against a white dress - it's beautiful!
    Whatever you decide though will be gorgeous, I'm sure. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my wedding, I wanted real flowers because I did not like the look of fake weddings. But a week after my wedding my flowers were dead and I love to have little things to remind me of the bigger things and I tried to save my flowers to dry them and what not. But they turned brown and ugly.

    If I could do it over again, I would go with the silk flowers the florist had as an option. They looked just as beautiful and they last forever!!
    I had lilies in my bouquet and I'm sure you know they only last a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and also you would be able to have the flowers you love and not worry about the allergies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these options. Whatever you choose will be beautiful!

    When it came to choosing colors for the wedding and flowers, I used my favorite flower (orange roses) and then from there we came up with a color scheme. We used roses and hydrangeas and it was perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I carried a red bouquet with a few white calla lilies in it and my girls carried all white bouquets! I love the way it turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think with the Scarlet Red dresses that the ivory roses would look the nicest. Classy, pretty, and romantic. :) Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the all red bouquet look! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend just got me some stargazer lilies for Valentine's Day. Aren't they so pretty? It's too bad Mychael is allergic!!

    I like the first and last bouquets the best, they seem so elegant!

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a chance! http://pinkkissesandwishes.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of you carrying red flowers. Too bad the stargazers were so allergenic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're already the coolest bride ever for letting your bridesmaids choose stuff.

    I went with white and yellow for my wedding bouquet. I liked it then but looking back at the pics I think it was lame. You can check it out here!http://megansilianoff.blogspot.com/2011/03/royal-weddingrip-off.html

    Good stuff Celia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should still be able to use them. You need to cut the pistons out anyway because they drop so much pollen. I am sure if you ask wherever you buy them the florist will cut them out for you, I know they do at the Kroger on El Camino anyway. We always have them in the house, and I am kinda a flower freak lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the all red one for you an white for the girls...that would look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)