Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moving on...

Source
Remember when I mentioned changes to you here? Well... changes are happening. I love my job and if I can toot my own horn, I am really good at it. Apparently I am so good at it that companies came after me. I had three possible options. One was work from home, but something about this one told me to back away from it. One was with another company that everyone who works there is happy but I wasn't entirely sure if they could afford me, and the hours were not your typical M-F, 8a-5p which when I left the pharmacy was something I really wanted to keep, it allows for me to get home and have a fresh meal on the table daily and at a decent time. The final option is the one I took. 

I put in my two weeks notice to my current employer last Thursday. I felt horrible. My boss wasn't expecting it. I still can't believe I put in my notice, I can't believe I accepted another offer. I can't believe that I am jumping and taking a leap of faith. My mentors told me that if the offer was better, don't pass it up. The opportunity is great, and I would be cutting myself short if I stayed. I needed to think about my family and what is best for us. I did just that. My new job will be a little further than my previous one, but the offer and the perks make up for it. I can't really get myself to be excited because I'm scared to tell you the truth! I guess I can take comfort in the fact that this company pursued me! I also get to go shopping for new work clothes since this company has more of a professional environment. Yippee!

So, on April 9th I will be walking into a new office, with new coworkers, and a new title. Wish me luck and let's pray that my current employer doesn't start making things difficult for me during my remaining time there. 

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's very exciting news & sounds like a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm in the market for a new job and I'm so jealous they came after you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! Congratulations! You will do great saying a prayer the next 2 weeks go by smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job! It's always tough to start something new just because of the uncertainty, but you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck girl! It's a scary thing to start a new job but I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations & best of luck =) How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will do great Celia! Starting a new job is always scary and hard, but you took it for a reason! You will adjust and then you'll be right at home :)
    congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You have lots of exciting things going on in your life right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new job! I know that you'll be great. I hope one day that I find myself in a position to choose between jobs like you! That's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. first off, congrats on your new job! how exciting! and the fact that you have been approached by so many people definitely says you are good at what you do. i know you will do great at your new office!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and good luck! change is exciting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you did what was best for you, and that's always important! Good luck girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!
    Congrats and good luck girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)