Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fried Pickle Tour - Katz

I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful friend who I can call my partner in crime. Shellie and I are carbon copies of each other. Would you know that we both (supposedly) had a mean girl status in high school? Yet, we had a mutual respect for each other and I was a tad afraid of her. Why you ask? She was dating a guy I thought was the cutest thing on earth! Seriously, funny little dude who made everyone laugh. 

I've known Shellie since middle school but after high school we lost touch. I posted on facebook about my Scentsy biz and asked if anyone wanted to have a party, she was the first one to speak up. I am so glad that we were able to reignite our friendship! She will also be standing by my side at our wedding! Squeee! 

I love Shellie and her Flower Boy because they love fried pickles just like me! They gave up eating fried foods, and sweets for lent... but apparently Sunday is a free day? I convinced them to come out and have fried pickles with me a few weeks ago. After lent is over her Flower Boy said that we could go on a fried pickle tour! I'm holding him to that! 

Shellie + Flower Boy / Friend Pickles / The Love + Me

Shellie and Flower Boy suggested we go to Katz. I had never been there. I liked the atmosphere, and our waiter was pretty funny. Oh my goodness their fried pickles were amazing. I almost died when I ordered them, the waiter got excited (I thought to myself these my be some dang good pickles!) and ran into the wall behind him! The batter was perfect, and the ranch was delish. I don't think I have been anywhere where both the batter and ranch were satisfying. 

Do you love fried pickles? Where is your favorite place to get them? Have you made them at home... yummy? Don't be mean, share your recipe with me!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fried pickles. Seriously one of my favorite things! I've never made them at home but I would love to try. Do you prefer fried spears or fried chips? I think I like spears better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm WHO were you mean to? i always thought of you two as super shy, quiet, SWEET girls. i didn't know you talked to anyone, much less talked ABOUT anyone or was mean to anyone. trust me, people thought better of you than you thought of yourself apparently. you are way to nice to be mean! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE fried pickles!! I dip them in ranch mixed with hot sauce. I'm a huge pickle eater! Wish I could make them at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandi - I <3 you... you made my night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE fried pickles!!! They are so awesome. My favorite place to get them is Floores in Helotes (outside of San Antonio). They are sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried fried pickles... going to put it on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove fried pickles and get them at pretty much any restaurant that serves them. I have never made them myself, but I found a recipe online that I wanna try out. I wanna go on the tour with y'all! :) Do you like the spears or chips better fried?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had the full length spear fried pickles just like the fried pickle chips! But obviously I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fried pickless....hmmm...I love me some pickles...I might need this is my life.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)