Monday, April 9, 2012

New beginnings + Going back to my roots

Hello Monday! You didn't come too quickly this time. I was lucky enough to have Friday off. Today I start a new job. I am worried about my old coworkers and worried things will be all kinds of confusing for them, but I tried to brief them as much as I could and I hope that they don't get too stressed out. I'm trying to tell myself that they aren't for me to worry about anymore. I am happy and excited (and scared) to start my new adventure with my new job, and new coworkers. I hope for a more friendly environment to work in and for supportive coworkers. I hope that I get that office family environment that I am yearning for. 

I am armed with my bubbly personality and upbeat attitude. I have my "I can do anything you throw at me" attitude and am ready to learn new things. I am completely confident in myself mentally...and physically. This weekend I found a little black dress in the back of my closet and since fiance and I had been on little dates all weekend I decided I was going to put it on. It fit me perfectly! How is that for a boost of confidence? 

I promise I will have fitness updates here soon, I told myself that I would keep my diary right here. If you haven't noticed over the past week or so I went back to my roots. I started this blog to track my life, whatever it may be and it needs to go back to that. I will still do link ups as they apply to my life personally... but after going through some hard times Mychael asked me... why do you blog, really, why? The honest truth, I started this blog because I wanted a place that I could write my thoughts and feelings, and a place to document my life. In person I am not much of a talker, I find comfort with pen and paper or my keyboard... that's what this place was for me. Having followers/readers just became a perk. Going to meetups and tweeting just allowed me to branch out and meet others who understand putting yourself out there on the internet. 

I hope you'll continue to stick around, and say hello here and there. :) Wish me luck on my first day with my new job!

11 comments:

  1. Looking hot! Good luck at the new job- very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog! Good luck on your New Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new job! I know you will be all kinds of fantastic! I love the new look of your blog! And this is why we were meant to be BFF's: I have had a similar "back to basics" type post in the works to be posted for well over a week now, but I just haven't actually hit publish yet because I haven't articulated everything I'm trying to say ... LOVE YOU girlie!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at the new job love.
    And I think getting back to your roots with your blog is important. Link ups are fun here and there but I like to read blogs where your really learning about the person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping you had an awesome first day at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to do great at your new job girl!

    Love that dress you're wearing, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in the same boat, I start a new position Monday at a new company and I am so scared, but also so happy. Here's to both of us and hopefully getting what we want.

    Great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so perdy :)
    Great dress!

    What's your new job?? Hope it's going great <3

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)