Thursday, April 12, 2012

New View

I know I haven't even completed a full week at my new job but I already feel refreshed! I am looking forward and haven't taken a look back. I obviously still have the "new girl" status, but everyone seems to be very welcoming! My new company is super organized. I'm in organizational heaven! They are teaching me the way the company does things, and they communicate communicate communicate! I love it. Nothing is a secret! I share an office with the sales manager, which I was extremely surprised about. I figured I would have an itty bitty desk sitting in the middle of a room somewhere. Instead, I have a back office with a view! I can take a break from my work (which I now have 5 projects I am working on.. five!! I've just completed my 3rd day there!) and watch the cars pass by on one side or take a look the other way and watch the birds play in the trees. We are on the top floor, I see the shadows of the birds that hang out on the top of the building. I wish there was a way for me to put bird food outside my window. :)

View from my new office
I am very glad that I took that leap of faith and stepped out of my comfort zone. Sunday night Mychael and I were in the car. I was super quiet. He told me he was proud of me. As I've stated before I hate change. He thought that I would have just stayed with my old company because it was comfortable, even if the offer and perks of the new job were better. He told me when I told him I accepted their offer that he was shocked, he couldn't believe it. I was shocked when I took the offer as well, I was floored when I walked into my boss' office and handed him my resignation letter. I apologized to my boss for resigning, and I walked back to my office screaming in my head what did I just do? I had planned on staying with my old company for years to come. The last two weeks at my old job my mind was racing. Was I making the right decision? What if my future would be better off with my old company? What if I didn't like the new company? What if this is a bad decision for me to make right now as a soon-to-be newly wed? What if my boss hated me? Wait. What if my new boss ends up hating me? What if my guys in the warehouse hate me now? What if...

When was the last time you took a leap? What was it? Have you ever looked back?

7 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so proud of you girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I consider my self almost addicted to changes, I mean life has shown me soo many changes that sometimes I even crave it. I spent 7 years at my last job, and walked away when It wasn't a challenge for me anymore. Now almost 2 years into this job, I'm already there again. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats on the new job!

    Last time I took a leap was when I quit my job this past December. It's a long story, but Inwas miserable and being treated unfairly by the supervisors. Every thing I did was wrong, even though I was doing the right thing. I could do no "right" in their eyes. My hubby and I talked about and decided it was the right decision, even though it would cut our income by like 50%. I'm now at the point where I want to work again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a leap of faith when I moved to FL and it paid off as I have the hubs to show for it.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)