Sunday, April 8, 2012

Point + Shoot: Easter

April 8th, 2012 - Easter Flowers
I'm rejoining one of my favorite photo link ups again. It's called Point + Shoot with Sunny + Scout. I used to play along when Fat Mum Slim was the host and I really enjoyed it. You can read about it here. I grew up in a deeply religious Catholic family, Easter used to be church in the morning, Easter egg hunt and BBQ with the family. As I grew older I grew away from God due to events which have taken place in my life. I have been, and still am angry with him. I know that they say that God will never put you through anything you can't get through... but there are some things I just can't even imagine why someone, who is supposed to be so godly, would put a person or family through. 

So now, Easter to me is just simply about being with my family. Getting each other a small little gift, and having a great little low key lunch or dinner. This year my parents gave me the beautiful flowers above. I gave them a little cross to place in their home. 

I pray for others when they need it, I ask for prayers for my family and friends... but when it comes to me I feel like I am better off on my own. I don't judge anyone who has a lot of faith. In fact I feel inspired by them and I feel envious. I don't feel any one religion is the right religion. I believe in science, it makes sense to me and there is no blame there... science/mother nature/karma isn't a person. It just is. Have you ever struggled with your faith? Was there anything that brought you back to it?  

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous. Hope you had a happy Easter and your first day at your new job went well. It's hard starting a new role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with my faith here and there and I too get envious with some of these girls that go to church regularly and have such a strong faith but to me, it's important for me to have a relationship with God more than a religion.

    I grew up Protestant (when I was a child and Sunday school and that jazz) but haven't been to church in a very long time. I don't know where that puts me but for right now I'm happy where I'm at in my beliefs.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)