Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chicken Italiano

Chicken Italiano

I made this recipe earlier this week for our lunches, turned out quite yummy so I figured I would share here.

  • 2 large whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 26 oz jar low-sodium meatless spaghetti sauce
  1. Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker. 
  2. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
  3. Pour sauce over seasoned meat, stirring to be sure chicken is completely covered. 
  4. Cover. Cook on low 6hrs or high for 4hrs
  5. Serve over pasta. (i chose to serve with garlic rice)

Let me know if you tried this recipe out. I think next time I will actually do it with some pasta. Mmmm I do love me some pasta!



2 comments:

  1. Ohhh this sounds yummy!!! I'm going to need to try this real soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)