I knew you were the one when...
- we were sitting out at buzzfest because I wouldn't hang out with you alone, you took off your sunglasses and for the first time I noticed your beautiful blue eyes and your amazing smile. The way you looked at me was the way no other guy had before.
- we went out on our first date, you opened my doors for me, and talking to you came naturally.
- you were impressed with my eating skills.
- we watched our first movie together at your house, I layed cuddled in your arms and they just felt like "home".
- I realized that you were never just "some guy" to me. I genuinely cared about you, I loved you, but I would never be the first to say it. I just hoped you loved me too.
- my family let me travel out of state with you. what? they never let me stay out past 10pm and they trusted you with their only daughter?
- you told me "no" for the first time... I even did my hair flip and batted my eyelashes. You told me "no"...
- you bought me my heart necklace on our 1st anniversary that I wear almost daily, you told me the diamonds in it represented the past, present, and the future. I didn't freak out when you mentioned future.
- my family and I lost our house during Hurricane Ike, you told me everything was going to be okay, we would make it through. I layed in bed hysterically crying night after night and you stayed up with me as late as I needed you to. I didn't feel like I could go on, I was so lost, but you always knew exactly what to say to help me calm down and wake up to another day.
- you sat on my parents couch as I was telling them that I was going to be losing my Marco, my baby, because of feline diabetes and you stopped me and showed me a website with a forum of people who all had cats with feline diabetes, you told me and my parents that we weren't going to lose him it was treatable, we would find a way. And we did.
- on numerous occasions you have taken it upon yourself to help my parents out in whatever way they may have needed. From helping them move, to making a few phone calls, to setting up and attending appoints for/with them or just being there for them with a listening ear.
- we are sitting at home watching TV and the cats are fighting over who gets to sit in your lap, when you are sitting at the dining room table eating your salad while I am getting our plates together, when you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is come over to where I am getting ready and give me a great big hug from behind and a kiss on the cheek.
I love you, Mr. Houck.