Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Review: skinnydipping by Bethenny Frankel

Ok unSimply Celia readers. Here's the deal. I love to read, I really do. BUT how do I find the time? I have an hour+ commute to and from work, then I come home, cook dinner for me and the mister, help watch the mister clean up the kitchen, then maybe we get about an hour of down time before bed to chit chat or watch our favorite shows. Unless we just complete crash out. Weekends are full of household tasks, hanging out with our friends and family, or taking naps... I want to read so bad.

I had a thought... audio books. Since my commute to work is about an hour or so why not listen to an audio book? But then would that mean I have become old lady-ish? I mean I'm heading into my 30's soon... have I hit that age yet? I'm too young to listen to audio books. Right?

Well ladies I picked up an audio book. It was amazing, I loved it. I couldn't wait to hop in my car and press play. Best.Decision.Ever.




Skinnydipping: A Novel
Author: Bethenny Frankel
Read by: January LaVoy
Genre: Women's Fiction - ChickLit
Released: May 1st 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio

Taken from GoodReads: Two-time New York Times bestselling author and one of TV’s biggest reality stars, Bethenny Frankel presents a sexy, hilarious, and romantic novel about a struggling actress and aspiring businesswoman’s pursuit of the female trifecta: a wildly successful career, the perfect man, and an amazing body. Bestselling author, successful businesswoman, popular reality TV star, natural foods chef, and devoted mom Bethenny Frankel pens the perfect guilty pleasure novel—the sexy, hilarious, and romantic misadventures of a struggling actress and aspiring businesswoman burning through Hollywood and New York in determined pursuit of the female trifecta: the perfect man, job, and body. This outrageously entertaining and bawdy roman À clef follows a business-savvy, would-be actress as she burns through men like she burns through calories—our sexy, loud-mouthed heroine grasps at any opportunity that might take her to the top. Listeners will jump at the chance to hear about the thrilling highs and cringe-worthy lows of Bethenny’s first shaky steps into adulthood, told here in a fictional format. Fans know Bethenny won’t shy away from the nitty gritty details of her career failures, romantic faux pas, and wild stories of “only needing a Tic Tac and a coochie” to have a good time on the town—and she will deliver them all with the biting wit her fans have come to love through her TV shows and bestselling nonfiction. While it may be a novel, there is no doubt that this is Bethenny, spilling her funniest stories and juiciest secrets over a few cocktails, with, as always, her trademark honesty: straight from the hip.

My Thoughts: I loved this book. Every time I sat in my car I felt like I was instantly taken into the scenes. I was a fly on the wall watching everything going on. I had an instant connection with the main character, Faith Brightstone, and wanted to drink her Pink Lemonade Mojito with her. Although I felt the first half of was slow moving I could not get enough once the second half started to pick up. I needed to know more. If you are a Bethenny Frankel fan, you can definitely tell that this is a book about her and her road to where she is now. Fun summer read for sure!

8 comments:

  1. I listen to audiobooks all the time at work. I love them. So, no. You are not too young to listen to audiobooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded the sample from kindle and I love it! Get wait to get the whole thing haha. Yay bethenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bethenny! I just watched her talk show yesterday for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to buy this IMMEDIATELY! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard nothing but good things about this, I want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know that I listen to audio books. It's the only thing that gets me through the work day.

    Thanks for your review! I might have to add that to my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby's gotten into audiobooks in the past year - he usually has to do some driving for his day job from time to time and between working 2 jobs, it doesn't leave much time for him to sit down and physically read a book, so audiobooks have been great for him!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)