Follow me on My Fitness Pal
I went for my first run of the summer not too long ago. It's always frustrating to go back to any exercise after you have taken some time off of it. Running is something that I feel anyone can pick up and be good at. I am lucky to live in a beautiful area. Beautiful to me anyway. I love to run by the water, there is just something so calming about it.
So why do I run?
- It is just me listening to my footsteps, my breathe and the beat of my own heart. I get to a point where everything else around me just kind of disappears and I am one with my body. It's a beautiful feeling.
- You see the world around you differently. You notice little things around your area that you never noticed before and you can take the time to stop and smell the roses.
- Running is something that you can do at your own leisure.
- It doesn't require a gym membership. - saving money is always a plus right? plus if you want to run races it can help you get used to different terrain. running in an air conditioned gym in the middle of the summer is not the same as running out in the texas heat. learned that lesson a few years ago.
- You meet new people. - Mychael and I did our "marina run" and stopped at the light house to rest up a bit, while we were there we met another couple who were probably a little older than our parents. They had encouraging words for us regarding our futures and our dreams. Complete strangers, and now new friends that we will probably stop and talk to when we do that run.
- It's fun!!!
My favorite running shoes are made by Mizuno. We have a local running store and they fit your for the perfect shoes based on your step. It's amazing. I used to have knee and ankle pain after running, once I had shoes fit for my step - those pains all went away. It is important to have a good pair of running shoes - if you have a running store near you I recommend going to be fit. You won't regret it.
My long term goal is to eventually run a half marathon. I don't need to win it, but I would love to complete one.
Are you a runner? What are some of the best tips you have received?
Want to run? What your long term goals?
Interested in joining #FitFluential? Contact me, I'll help you make sure you complete all steps!