Monday, July 30, 2012

A Prayer Request - Josh and Hannah

Good morning friends, I hope you had a great weekend! Today I am coming to you with a prayer request. 

2009
Meet Josh and Hannah. Hannah is Mychael's cousin and I basically already consider her family. We have never met. When she reconnected with Mychael on facebook she friended me as well, and has welcomed me with open arms.

I've asked Hannah's permission to share the following with you.

The Proposal March '12

Josh asked Hannah to marry him in a photo booth. How adorable cute is that? She said yes!!!

Married July 2012
Josh and Hannah were married last week. And as much as I wanted her to be with child, it is just the wind under her dress. Adorably sweet couple!

Well, Hannah and Josh just found out he has Leukemia. When Mychael told me I was shocked, I felt my heart drop and it felt as if someone punched me in the gut. How could this be?

Josh will start chemotherapy today and will undergo the treatment for 7 straight days. He will also stay in the hospital for a full month. I spoke with Hannah on Saturday and she said the doctors are very hopeful for a positive outcome given the aggressive treatment and the fact that he is in his early 30's.

Please pray for Hannah and Josh to have the strength to get through this and for a positive outcome. If you aren't one to pray please send you best wishes, cross your fingers and toes, or send get well and strength vines their way. I know they will appreciate and I know they will feel the power of the blogger community with them. 

17 comments:

  1. So sad..we just had friends of ours go through this with good results! Sending good thoughts their way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers headed there way! How sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for them and for your family aswell. Sending lots of happy thoughts their way today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! :-( definitely keeping them both in my thoughts and prayers! Keep me posted!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember growing up thinking cancer was something that I would never know...It would never hit my family, and it would never hit anyone I know. Boy, was I wrong. Not only did my mom have breast cancer, but other people I know...my friends, my friends parents, my friend's friends...why does it suddenly feel like cancer is such a large part of life?!

    I am really sorry to hear about Josh. I will definitely pray. I know from experience the power of medicine and well as prayer <3

    P.S. I hear that ice packs on the head during chemotherapy helps reduce hairloss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sad! Prayers going out to both and them and the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sending the deepest of thoughts and prayers to your family right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be praying for them. I am glad they have each other - and you guys and the rest of their family!- to lean on, and will be thinking of them and praying for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending thoughts and prayers to your family right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for a quick recovery and an easy time dealing with chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That breaks my heart! I will definitely be praying for them.

    Love that he proposed in a photo booth, so precious and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Celia, I am so sorry to hear this, I will be praying. What a beautiful couple! I am glad they have each other as they go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. :( that's just heartbreaking. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awful- I'm so sorry. Sending prayers for them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sad to hear this :( Praying for his health and for all of your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll definitely keep them uplifted in prayer. That's so disheartening but I will pray that they find strength and that they overcome.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)