Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Keeping up with...

Tradition. 


  • My 4th of July Outfit for the Zoooo,
  • Entrance for the Houston Zoo
  • I needed some Red Bull to function
  • Female Lion at the Houston Zoo
  • Mychael's calzone, both of us could have made a meal out of it. Huge! 
  • Mother Nature gave us a beautiful day
  • Mychael figuring out which direction we need to head in...
  • Cheetah! 
  • My hands are so tiny compared to his. 

I am the type of person that loves to hold on to traditions. One of my favorite traditions with Mychael is our yearly visit to the Zoo on the 4th of July. This year is was our 7th. We have so many memories there. Almost all of them include us getting rained on and coming home like wet dogs...
I remember our first visit to the Zoo we had been dating just under two months, we went because it made for a cheap date - it was free. We were both "poor college students" and still didn't know each other very well. Everything with Mychael always felt so natural so strolling around the zoo was no different, it was a perfect place for a date because it allowed us to talk and allowed him to see how I would function in super hot weather ;) 
At the end of our day date for the Zoo I had invited him back to hang out with my family to watch fireworks. He declined and I was shocked. My family is very important to me, and he wasn't declining because he had other plans but simply because he didn't want to and mentioned that it was too early for him. His previous relationship he was close with the girls family, and... blah blah blah, eye roll. Ha!
I almost broke up with him after that. I am glad that I didn't, I would have made one of the biggest mistakes of my life.
I can't wait until one day I am sitting here writing about how we took our child to the zoo for the first time and how much he or she loved it. Little ones at the zoo in awe of all the animals make my ovaries hurt (just a little). 

Do you have any traditions that you like to hold on to?

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is sweet, Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that is such an awesome tradition! I would've never thought about the zoo on the 4th... I normally go to my best guy friend's house on the 4th but this is the first year I stayed away since I can remember because of my crazy ex boyfriend. :( Made me really sad.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)