Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blog Star: Hi I'm Celia

Mrs. Monologues



This little blog of mine has started to grow consistently lately and I want to tell each and every one of you thank you so very much for following along. You can see my first Blog Star post here. It is a great way to know a little about my background.

I am currently prepping for our wedding in October. Just a tad over 60 days to go and I feel like I have a massive amount of tasks to complete. TheKnot.com tells me I am right on schedule though. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I don't fall off track or you may see me in panic mode all over Twitter.

With the wedding being so close I feel like I have to be in total control of my body, can't lose too much weight or the dress will have to be altered. I can't gain too much weight or the dress won't fit. Sheesh!



Although Mychael and I have been together for a little over 7 years, and lived together for 4 of those years, as our wedding date gets closer I can already feel and see our relationship dynamics changing. In a good way. We consult each other more when it comes to financials, and job opportunities.

We are faced with so many questions! Do we join our bank accounts? Do I take his last name? All accounts that we have individually, do we join them? Auto/Home Insurance? Cell Phones? Shoot, am I missing something?

The subject of starting our own little human family keeps coming up. Don't get too excited, it isn't happening tomorrow. ;) The conversations are more serious and we are starting to envision our lives with a child in it. We are starting to see some of our goals before children become reality.

I plan on touching on all of the above shortly but I would love to hear your thoughts in the time being. If you are just coming across my blog today, introduce yourself. If you have been following for a while but haven't said "hello", please do so now. I hope you'll stick around!

 Thanks to Mrs. Monologues for letting me co-host with her this month!!



August Blog Star Hosts:

Host:

Mrs. Monologues  Blog | Twitter | Facebook 
Co-Hosts:

1. Lyzz {Defying Gravity} Blog | Twitter
2. Krystal {Krystal's Kitch} Blog | Twitter | Facebook
3. Sarah {Life's Short...Poupard} Blog | Twitter
4. Becky {The Java Mama} Blog | Twitter | Facebook
5. Celia {unSimply Celia} Blog | Twitter 
6. Meghan {Shine on Blog} Blog | Twitter


Now it is your turn! Grab the button and come link up!



Mrs. Monologues


10 comments:

  1. So happy you linked up! Hubs and I share all bank accounts, cell phone, etc. and we love it. We also have been living together since we were 19, so we don't know any different I guess.

    Mrs. Monologues

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wedding is getting so close! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. When I got married I made my list, checked it twice, and kept feeling like I must have forgotten something because it was all too easy. I hope you can say the same thing on your wedding day.
    I found you through Blog Star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and am now a new follower! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! We are getting married 1 month from tomorrow (September 8) and having all of the same discussions right now. Such an exciting time...best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Celia, the closer you get to the wedding, the more you need to try to relax. There will be so many details that could be stressful, and really they don't matter that much. At the end of the day, you'll be married, and that's what matters.

    We combined just about everything except for bank accounts. For us, it works better to each have our checking.

    Also, I didn't think I was going to take his name legally, but I did. I don't know if I would, if I had that to do over...so much paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wedding is getting so close!! How exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey, we went down to the courthouse and eloped, so we didn't have to deal with all the junk! I couldn't handle the pressure!

    Have fun visiting all the blogs today and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials! I found the dynamics of my relationship with my manbeast changed as well, even though we'd been together for 9 years before. It's amazing and frustrating all at once. LOL

    Thanks for linking us up on this linky party - and thank you for the feature on Twitter!
    xx Ren @ Renlish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! What a fun day of link ups! :) Glad we could co host!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to meet you! :) Congratulations and good luck with wedding planning. :)

    Come check out my Blog Star! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)