Thursday, August 9, 2012

#FitFluential - Inspire Me: Healthy

Oh hey friends! I've been a little preoccupied with all things wedding, career, fitness, and birthdays! I hope you haven't missed me too much!

A Mommas Desires And Pacifiers

Raven and Kristen are back for week 2 of Inspire Me: Healthy. You can see my post from last week here.

This week, I have still maintained a pretty clean diet. Even with a couple nights out with friends I opted for a healthier meal option or cut my portions in half. When we went out I consumed ONE drink, a skinny margarita one night (180cal), vodka and cranberry the next (150cal). I have been doing a lot of research on the lowest calorie drinks, I can't have friends thinking I am pregnant or go out on business having clients or coworkers thinking I'm lame. ;) 

I am on Day 19 of no sodas! Not even a sip. I can't tell you how much better I feel. I don't feel tired (other than today, and I'll share deets below). I drink water with fresh squeezed lemon or lime, and if I want something a little sweet I'll have a glass of punch, or I could have juice.

Chili's Margarita Chicken with Black Beans, Lime Rice and Pico.
1/2 portion chopped brisket sandwich + fries
On the exercise front, we have run Sunday, Monday, and yesterday. I also hit the gym yesterday for an arm weights session and had very shaky arms afterwards. Loved it. Yesterday I could not complete my run in the evening and walking back almost didn't happen! I don't know what happened, but I had sharp pains running down the front of my legs. I thought it was shin splints, perhaps severe but I have always been able to run through those. Once I came home the mister was sweet enough to massage my legs and we noticed I have bruises on each of my shins. =/ After I woke up this morning my legs seemed to have calmed down and I have been sitting with my legs up on my PC tower at work. I did walk to a little restaurant near by for lunch and my legs kinda hurt again... My next run should be Friday, but I may have to wait until Sunday...


Monday evening run, about 1/4 into it we saw some rain clouds but thought we would beat the rain. On our way back we ran straight into a thunderstorm. We had to stop under some trees a couple times because we couldn't see where we were going but it made the run fun.


After yesterday's gym session! "Sweat is just fat crying" ... at least that is what they tell me. And yes, I am the girl at the gym who works out with her hair down. We do exist!

Hope you'll tune in next week! 

11 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Celia!! Love your post, and so proud of you on the soda front!

    xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job;
    sorry about your legs honey? maybe some ice-ing will help
    andd umm..i don't look good with my hair down, sweating and working out; i have to have it up out of my face..or i freak the F*ck out ahhah

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job;
    sorry about your legs honey? maybe some ice-ing will help
    andd umm..i don't look good with my hair down, sweating and working out; i have to have it up out of my face..or i freak the F*ck out ahhah

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair is the size of Texas, I could never run with that scarf-like feeling on my neck! Instead of shin splints, my ankles go out quickly due to abusing the hell out of them playing basketball in my younger years. Sometimes it's good to just let them rest! Congrats on no soda, I gave it up a while ago and it really made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go with the no sodas and I LOVE the fat crying quote! So cute!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with the no sodas and I LOVE the fat crying quote! So cute!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's awesome about no soda!!! very impressive. sorry about your legs. sounds like shin splints but i've never heard of bruises like that i hope they get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to kick my Mtn. Dew habit...I only drink it at work...mama needs the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome about the running!

    You probably already know this, but from my experience a lot of folks who have bad shin splints can usually correct it by being fitted for proper shoes, or maybe your shoes have just worn out. I go through a pair of running sneaks every 3-4 months (I average about 50-70 miles a week.)

    I really like your blog! :) Way to go team no soda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute blog.
    New follower!

    Look forward to continue reading

    xo
    Christina
    Livinglaughinglovingx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)