For as long as I can remember I have always said, "if I get married, I'm not changing my name". Why?
- It's MY name.
- Over the years I have finally perfected my signature. It's perfect and unique.
- I was never the little teeny bopper that signed her name with the boy flavor of the week's last name.
- In my local area people know me by my name, and my family's last name.
- Accomplishments... I've done them. Not someone else, me.
- Mychael said it didn't really bother him either way.
- The paperwork...
|Photo by: Phenom Photographers|
Then, as Mychael and I became more serious and the idea of marriage became more real... I thought.
- We are creating a new little family. (even if just furkids for now)
- I don't want our child(ren) to have a different last name than I do.
- Our community will begin to know us as Mr. and Mrs. H
- He has helped me achieve my accomplishments, and has pushed me to try harder, take bigger leaps.
- He changed his mind and would like me to take his last name.
- Changing my last name doesn't change who I am.
- I want to have a little sign that say (insert family name) est. 2012
- I want Christmas cards, stationary, etc to have our monogram, or our name as a family on them.
- Changing my last name doesn't mean I am letting go of my past, or my parents.
- The paperwork isn't a big deal. I've already checked and started on them.