- Rentals - quotes received and since are having such a small wedding the pricing isn't that bad! Yippee!
- Floral - I really think I may make my own bouquets. I took floral design in highschool and was really good at it. I think I can get my creative side going for a bit. I know someone who can probably have the flowers ordered for me and I can get them at a cheap(ish) price. I'm thinking sunflowers... I love sunflowers and I don't think Mychael nor myself will have an allergy issues with them. Here are a couple of inspirations.
- I love the simplicity of all Sunflowers, plus my girls will be in red dresses and I think the yellow will be so pretty against them.
I love adding in some roses for extra color on mine as well, but I think I am still steering towards all sunflowers.
- Ceremony / Officiant - Our ceremony site has been booked for months now and is a local garden. Mychael and I chose this site together and felt it had the small intimate feel we wanted. Our officiant will be a former local judge who has watched me grow up!
- The Wedding Cake - my friend Shellie has offered to do our cake for us! I know that I want something simple and smooth and perhaps with live flowers on it. The groom's cake, Mychael wants it to be UH related. Shellie has come up with a half and half idea which I still need to go over with Mychael and I think it could be a really nice cake and definitely reflect our personalities. The hardest part will be choosing which flavors!
- The Rehearsal Dinner - this may be hosted at our place or at a small local restaurant. This is actually something that I am the least concerned with. Perhaps because we have kept our wedding so small?
- Invitations - I could not find anything that I really loved or really reflected our personalities. The paid invites were too expensive for the size of our wedding and the free ones didn't give me the freedom that I needed with wording. I used to be artsy and crafty so I decided to give my creative side a shot and actually came up with a really cute and simple design. I just need to go and have it printed and mail them out. It needs to happen this week. NEEDS TO HAPPEN! Want a glimpse?
- Reception - friends of the family have offered to host and take care of the reception costs. We could not be more grateful or happier. This was actually our biggest headache! There wasn't a place that either of us were completely happy with. This site pleased both of us.
- Photography - The lovely Emily (local blogger) of Fleurish Imagery will be capturing moments from our wedding ceremony!
There are more little details that need to be taken care of but right now, this is the big stuff =)