Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Messy.Dirty.Girl






Let me ask you a question. Have you heard about Kelly from Messy.Dirty.Hair? No? Oh my goodness, have you been living under a rock? Go check out her blog now, then hit the follow button and then stalk her on every social media outlet! Tell her I told you to.

Kelly has challenged all of us with The REAL Messy Challenge and I just so happened to be a real messy dirty girl when I read her post. The photo above, I took after 6 days of no washing my hair. Eep! My hair was definitely piecey! I was only able to pull off 6 days of no washing my hair because it wasn't that hot in Houston and I hadn't been to the gym or on a run. I usually max out at 2-3 days in the winter. Summer is definitely and every other day washing for me!

I did wash my hair that night though, I thought about trying to go another day but I felt like my scalp was going to be an itchy mess if I didn't wash it.

Fun facts about my hair:
  • Naturally curly (we're talkin' spirals!)
  • Chemically straightened
  • Not color treated
  • Curls accomplished with my CHI Turbo Straight Iron 
  • Shampoo of choice, Garnier Fructise
  • Hair Spray of choice, Aussie
How long do you think you could go without washing your hair? 
 

10 comments:

  1. LOL! Girl - I go so long without washing my hair! One day my husband was like, "babe.. you can fry bacon in that mess.." LOL. It totally hurt my feelings but was def true.. However, my hair stylist says I have the healthiest hair she has ever seen [even though I have bleached the heck out of it in the past 10 years]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove Kelly! Thanks to her I've gone from washing my hair every single day to every 2-3 days. But I'm with you, if I go to the gym and get really icky then I have to wash more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how long I could go. I usually wash every other day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of curly hair ( mix of waves and curles) so I can easily go 4 days. It's actually better for me to not wash every day since when you have curly and a lot of hair, it tends to dry out from all the products I use to tame it down. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to shower every day. I feel gross if I don't. When I swam, I easily took 2-3 showers a day. I will lose the challenge in a heartbeat.

    I'm mixed Chinese and white, so I have super straight hair that can't keep a curl to save it's life. I could curl it, but I have to use to many products just to keep it done a few hours.
    My hair is a mix of light brown and dark brown, I have my dad's dirty blonde hair to thank for that.

    I'm actually really lazy about dealing with my hair. I shower in the morning, let it mostly air-dry, then blow dry it before going to work. I put a little bit of frizz control in the winter time when my hair gets static-y.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I'm on a running hiatus I can go about 4-5 days without washing. I'm training for three ultras right now though so I'm running 6-7 days a week, which means hair washing almost every day :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was amazed when I saw this on instagram! I can MAYBE make it two days without washing . . . but I wouldn't wear it down b/c it would be too greasy at the top! My hairdresser has told me that you have to get your hair used to it, so to speak . . . and that eventually, it will stop being so greasy between washes. It's hard, though. Yours looks fantastic--I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am doing that too! I just my hair looked like your after 6 days, after 3 I can't do anything with it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair still looks great! I don't think I could last more than a day or two since my hair is so fine:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I literally cannot go a day. I tried before my wedding to skip days (my hair stylist suggested) and the roots were so oily the next AM that they looked wet. I did this for MONTHS and when I did my pre-wedding highlights I went with my 2nd day hair to show my stylist, she was like yeah you weren't kidding, nevermind. It's horrendous. Very jealous of you because yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)