Saturday, September 15, 2012

NYC Smooch Proof Lip Stain

Okay ladies. I love makeup as much as the next girl, but as far as lips go. Just give me some chapstick, carmex or my endless supply of Kustom Kissers and I am good to go. 

Shellie and I were talking lips a couple weeks ago, and part of the reason why I just go with chapstick is because I am lazy. I am not going to keep looking at myself in the mirror all day long to make sure my lip color is still on. And I sure as heck am not going to keep reapplying it 10 million times through out the day. Shellie mentioned lip stain, I've tried it before. Like 10 years ago. I hated it. My lips turned into a dry mess and I hate dry lips! She promised me that the lip stains don't dry out your lips...perhaps they changed their formula?

While the mister was out of town for business I decided that I needed to go shopping. I went to Target and came across NYC Smooch Proof Lip Stain. It was about $5 ... not bad, if I hate it I won't feel bad tossing it in the trash can. Well, the verdict. I love it! I went with the color Berry Long Time. It's perfect for my skin tone, and makes me giggle every time I see the name.

Thanks @terriblylovely for convincing me to try lip stain again! As you can tell, I'm no #beauty blogger by my fishyish face ;) loving my NYC Smooch Proof Lip Stain in Berry Long Time ! Do you like lip stains? What brand do I need to try?
I asked others via Instagram (unSimplyCelia  - follow me!) what brands I needed to try and here's what they had to say! 

So blog friends, what do y'all think? Do you have a favorite lip stain? ...or is there one that I definitely need to stay away from?

5 comments:

  1. I'm similar, I love makeup, but when it comes to my lips, it's usually just Baby Lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite lip stains of all time are the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stains. They're soooo moisturizing and the staying power is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have any lip stains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've strayed away from them too because I always thought they'd make my lips dry. Maybe I'll try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product is like training wheels for the best lip stain product :) If you really want to witness a miracle, get LipSense. It has serious lasting power (8 hours for me), comes in a billion shades, and you top it with their really moisturizing gloss. You'll never have to check your lips in the mirror even if youre wearing bright red. It's perfect for lazies like me (and you i guess haha?)that want to look sexy nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)