Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sometimes, you just need flowers + cookies + ice cream...


On Monday I asked y'all if Bridezilla could come out to play. I was having such a horrible no good very bad day.
 
Traffic was horrible coming in to work, in fact I arrived 15 minutes late and I hate showing up late to work. I may have to start leaving earlier just to make it on time until the schools and colleges let out for break.
 
Soon after I arrived to work I found out that one of my German colleagues had passed away in her sleep while out on buisness. My eyes teared up as my boss told us, but from previous jobs I have learned to compose myself quite quickly and press on with work. I couldn't help but think about when I met her during her visit to Houston and how excited she was that I was getting married. She hoped that the next time she came she could meet Mychael and maybe I would tell her that I was pregnant. She couldn't wait until we started a family and hoped it came sooner rather than later.
 
The wedding is fast approaching so the tiny details are still being worked on, and although our wedding is not traditional by any means following up with those invited is still a part of it. Finding out from my Mom that the aunt I was closest to growing up wasn't going to be able to make my wedding was a blow to my gut. I walked straight out of my office because I knew there was no composing myself after hearing that.
 
The day went on and finally it was time to go home. I was ready to just curl up on the couch, 40 minutes on the road went by and we hadn't even traveled half way home. The traffic was a mess. I sent Mychael a text letting him know my location and telling him that the day had just been sh*ttastic. He asked what I needed out of our evening and I just listed off foods and drinks that would make any girl happy. When I got home he wasn't there. No big deal, he may have gone for a run or an errand.
 
I called my Dad to follow up on some family members which I had not heard back from about their attendance for the wedding and/or ceremony and he tells me that his two sisters won't be able to make the wedding because my grandparents... My grandfather doesn't remember anyone, not even the two sisters he lives with or my grandma. My grandmother, well I don't want to get into too many details here but she isn't doing very well herself either. I kept my composure and just said okay, that I loved him and would speak with him later. I hung up, my heart dropped and in walked Mychael. 
 
 
 
Mychael had run to the store to pick up nearly one of everything on my list of things I needed that night + flowers. My little heart was content and of course it just forced more tears to stream down my face. I had cookies, ice cream, and margaritas. It didn't make everything okay, but it made me feel a heck of a lot better after the day I had.
 
I may not be that close with my grandparents, but attending other weddings always made me so sad that I wouldn't get to have those same moments with my grandparents from my Mom's side. (They passed away when I was just 5/6... I took it pretty hard. I saw them almost daily and my Grandfather passed away in his sleep while I was sitting on the couch right next to him. I beat myself up over that for years. I should have known.) I had my grandparents on my Dad's side though and I knew that I would create memories with them on my wedding day and have that to always look back on, but now... I don't even get the chance.
 
I know that despite everything, our day will be perfect, calm, and simple just the way we had planned.
 
 
I spent the rest of the night and last night cuddling with the kitties and Mychael. I am so thankful to have a partner in life who knows just when I need that little extra something to cheer me up.
 
Tonight we are booking the band for our wedding ceremony!!
 

7 comments:

  1. What a man! Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a sweet man =]
    so happy you have him.
    keep your chin up.. all will be okay

    "this too shall pass"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good vibes your way for the wedding and the days leading up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((HUGS))) Sending lots of good thoughts your way! What a great guy Mychael is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's gonna make one amazing hubby! Sorry you had a craptastic day ... Love youuuu! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your rough day!! Glad you got some of your comfort items though and it ended on a better note! Good luck with the rest of the wedding and I hope tomorrow and your weekend proves to be much much better!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)