Sunday, October 28, 2012

We still miss you, Marco

It was a year ago today that I woke up for work just like any other day. This time I wasn't greeted by our sweet boy and it would be the last time I held him.


They tell you the pain goes away, and things get better. It does, but just a little bit. I still miss Marco dearly. My fellow diabetic cat ladies told me that Marco would come to visit me in my dreams from time to time, and they didn't lie. I've had a couple dreams over the last few months where I could feel his fur and I could smell his scent, only to wake in tears knowing that it was only a dream.

Remember to hug your furkids tight. Take 5 minutes out of your morning routine to give them extra pets, kisses and play time. An animals love is unconditional.

5 comments:

  1. Losing a pet never gets easier. Sending big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the pain went away...but in a way I'm glad it doesn't. I don't ever want to forget loving that deeply.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I'm sorry Celia!!! HUGS!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading your post last year. It absolutely broke my heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's the most horrible feeling in the world. Thinking of you and sending some prayers your way! xoxo!

    Jesslyn Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is never easy losing a beloved pet. They are so much a part of the family, aren't they? I have 3 kitties and the oldest one is 12. I keep thinking we don't have a lot of time left with her. I hope times sweetens your memories!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)