Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear world.

This year, I am thankful for:
  • Two beautiful and healthy kitties. 
  • My new marriage. 
  • My parents.
  • The ability to travel and spend Thanksgiving with The Houcks. 
  • Friends
  • Our jobs.
  • Our condo. (we've been here two years!)
  • Our health. 
  • Smart Phones & Internet.
I could go on and on. 

This is my first Thanksgiving to spend away from my family. It makes me a little sad, but I'm really glad that I am getting to spend it with Mychael's family. We've only been here a couple days and I've been able to sit with his Grandmother, Uncles, and Aunts while flipping through family photo albums and learning about The Houck side of the family. I know this trip was important to him. I've already caught a couple moments for Mychael and hope to catch more before we go home.

This trip has also reminded me how important it is to print out those photos and make albums for generations to come to be able to look back on.


What are you Thankful for? 







3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my family, especially my brother. I am thankful for my church friends, new friends, and my long-time friends. I am thankful for my little Kaya. I am thankful to be alive and healthy, which sadly, a couple weeks ago, I wasn't sure if that would be something I could say. I am thankful for my walk with God, and I am thankful for the opportunities that I've been given. Most importantly, I am thankful that I get to spend time with the people I love. I know how difficult it gets to get everyone at the same place at the same time, and I cherish every chance that I get.

    I am thankful that you and Mychael are always there for me, even if I have silly questions about my blog, or serious questions about what to do with parts of my life. I love you both and I am so glad I got to be around for new chapters of your life story. I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship for many years to come <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you had a good time with Mychaels family!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)