Thursday, December 13, 2012

2 months.

Today marks 2 months of married life! I've had our wedding photos back for a little while now and still haven't written our wedding story on here. Boo. I feel like I suck at blogging lately. Do know that I'm not giving up on this little blog of mine, I just haven't felt like sitting at a computer when I come home. Womp womp. 

Someone come and write my blog for me? I'm kidding. On to the reason why I opened this little post up. 

Happy 2 month wedding anniversary Mychael!! How does it feel now that you are stuck with me foreverrrrr? Mwah!

Here are some things that have changed within the last two months. 
  • I legally changed my last name to his. (but professionally speaking I work under my maiden name) 
  • We combined all financial accounts after realizing how much stronger we would be this way.
  • I had a payment kicked back by our bank because my new last name and maiden last name didn't match. Boo-hiss! (pay with a debit card instead of checking account to bypass this. you're welcome.)
  • We were going to combine our auto insurance... but the day before we did, I got into a wreck. Yea... more on that later. 
  • We've attended events as Mr & Mrs and I now get to introduce him as my husband and he gets to introduce me as his wife. 
  • We've found ourselves talking more about children... but we still aren't quite ready for those things yet. 
  • Even though we had been together nearly 8 years, after saying "I do." the relationship feels even more solidified.
Are you married? How did you feel things change? 
Do you have any long term relationship but newly-wedded advice?

Photo by: Fleurish Imagery

10 comments:

  1. My hubby and I were together for 1 year and 11 months before we got married. We lived together for six months and were basically inseparable from day one. Nothing really changed for us when we got married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is so sweet! I bet it gives you butterflies to introduce him as your husband!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2 Months! That picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh i love this all.
    happiness all around
    love you two

    ReplyDelete
  5. First reaction to post: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    Congrats lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been married for a year and a half and I'm still not used to calling Nick my husband! It's so weird. :) But a good weird. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2 months!!! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your two months. I had been married 3 years before I changed my last name. I know I'm embarrassed to admit it. lol. I just didn't want to go to the dmv and social security office. :O
    My advice is to always tell him you love him before you go to sleep and every time you say goodbye. Even if you are in a disagreement. God forbid anything happens, I wouldn't personally want the last thing my hubby heard was something that wasn't loving :D just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and happy 2 months!! I will be married one year in February and it has been the best experience of my whole entire life! My husband and I both were married before and had EXTREMELY bad marriages but we learned so much from those experiences. It has just made our marriage that much better. My advice....1)forgive and really forget. Don't harbor and hold onto anger from an argument. 2)Always show him unconditional respect regardless if you feel he deserves it at the time or not. This is so important to guys! If you do that for him he will return the favor with the kind of love that you need!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)