Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#TheMessyProject

HELLO!!!!! Happy Wednesday!

Welcome to The Messy Project Round: 6 !!!!

The Messy Project

 The brain child behind The Messy Project is the ever so lovely, Kelly from Messy.Dirty.Hair. She loves fashion, and if I could afford to pay for her flight and services for a weekend to help me with my next shopping spree I would! I don't think "Wardrobe Counseling" entered into the monthly budget would make the new husband very happy.

So you've been living under a rock and don't know what The Messy Project is? Let me explain.

The Deal: 
1 Top 
5 Girls
5 Different Looks
1 Major Blog Post Day


Kelly wanted a fun new way to interact with bloggers, something completely different than anyone else. Something to get others to put their creative minds to work, and express themselves in a fashionable way. This is when The Messy Project was born!

I love that Kelly doesn't judge, she doesn't care that you aren't a fashion blogger. If you want to participate she's happy to have you. I wasn't scared to receive my item. In fact when I opened my package and it was "something with sparkles" I squeeeeeed in my office. No worries, my company knows that I blog and they know that I have a thing for all things glittery and sparkly.

Then I realized... I've never worn a vest before. Ever. Hmm. I googled ways to wear a vest. I paired it with a t shirt and jeans. Kelly wasn't going to let me get away with it that easily. She said it was cute, but try something a little more dressy.  

Here is what I came up with, and Kelly loved it!
I paired it with a layered spaghetti strap, navy shorts, navy opaque tights (first time wearing tights since I was about 5!), sparkly flats, teal bangles and teal drop earrings!

Now, go visit my partners in crime!!!! 
Tabitha - My Cliffnotes
Carole - Pipley Vintage
and the Queen Bee herself



Not bad for my first time ever! I've already signed up for The Messy Project for October 2013!! I had so much fun with this and by that time my favorite accessory will be back (my super long hair! miss it so much!)

Here is what I learned this round:
  • When Kelly says you can text her and she is happy to help. She really means it. 
  • Pay attention to the weather if you plan on taking pictures outside. I had big plans to have Mychael take my pictures down by the docs but the day of it stormed all day. Had we of taken photos a day earlier the weather would have been perfect. I was so upset. 
  • Have fun, don't stress. I was so wound up, and when Kelly told me she really loved my outfit I felt so much relief!



16 comments:

  1. 1. Youre hair looks awesome... you are rocking the newly wed cut very well
    2. I love the vibe this outfit is giving off... rocker with a dash of class!

    Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you are rockin that vest! SO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the messy project!! Great photos! Cute outfit girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great girl!! So much fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Messy Project is SO fun to participate! Everyone really thought outside the box this time and each look is so different!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I love how different we all paired it!!

    Xo,
    Carole Fuchs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely like how you paired this with shorts and tights! It makes it so much fun. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much for the sweet words! I am so proud of you & stepping outside of the box. You look fabulous & I love how you wore shorts with tights! thank you for all your hard work, I cannot wait until its ur turn again!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the best with the shorts and tights! It was stormy here all day too, boo on weather when we need pics taken, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that vest, but I really like that ruffled top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I've been wanting to wear tights under a pair of shorts but I haven't had the "guts" to do it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm hello?! You look gorgeous. Good job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)