Friday, February 1, 2013

The Nail Files - Shellac

Hello Friday!!! I have been waiting for yooooooouuuuu!
February, why did you wait so long to show up? 









It's been forever since I linked up with my friend, Vicki for The Nail Files!

Today I wanted to share with you, my first ever Shellac manicure!


Pretty, right? 
 
Last Friday, I had reached a breaking point. I had a jam packed weekend and I just couldn't. I'm sure had I of attended the event that night I would have had a blast but I needed time all to myself. My husband was out with a friend for the night and I decided I was going to take some much needed ME time! 

I headed over to the nail salon, and sat my but in the chair to wait for my first ever Shellac manicure! 
I have to say I am a tad disappointed, one of my nails started to peel a bit by the cuticle. I don't know if this is normal.It hasn't spread... so I hope it was just that one spot. I am in love with the shine and low maintenance feel to them! 

Have you ever had Shellac before? 
What were your thoughts? 
Have you ever just had to back away from everything and everyone for just one night? 

11 comments:

  1. Super pretty. When I need to get away I drink a bottle of whine ;) totally legit, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pay to get my nails done anymore for finance reasons and I've never done Shellac before but my friends swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celia, found you through The Nail Files link up. Very pretty color. I've never tried shellac but I just might ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Shellac! Love the color you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me a shellac manicure every once in a while, but the pitfall is when it's time to remove it. It's like a trap to get you to go back into the nail salon and spend more money :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good, so bright and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! But that's disappointing that it started peeling :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gels!! Sometimes mine peel by the cuticles too :( It all depends on the nail tech and how they apply it. Sometimes if they go too close to my skin it creates an edge that tends to peel... but usually it won't spread unless you pick at it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)