Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Let's talk about fitness... and catty beezies.


Oh hey, look! That's me! I was showing Nikki my little muscles. ;)

If you have been following this blog of mine for any amount of time I am sure you have heard me flapping my gums about health and fitness. But don't mistake me for a health and fitness nut.

I spent my entire youth and early twenties trying my hardest to GAIN weight. Now that I have finally been able to do that I want to maintain a healthy body. =)

So here I am again, getting back into my routine. I even bought this nifty Polar FT4 gadget to help me along the way. Who doesn't love a new gadget?


I saw all of my FitFluential and Fitness loving friends sporting these, and just knew I had to have one! It is so hard to track your calorie burning when you aren't on a machine. Even when you are on a treadmill, elliptical, or bike... that damn thing always tells me I am dead when I am trying to see what my heart-rate is and I question the accuracy.

My short term goals are:
  • Hit the gym 3 times a week consistently from here on out.
  • Run a 5K in September. 

My long term goals are:
  • Ride in the MS150, on a bike... not in a car along side the cyclist. hehe.
  • Run a half marathon. 


Girls compete with each other. Women empower one another. Remember that.

Girls (and some guys) are catty. End of story. I have watched ladies that I loved because they weren't catty, turn into the cattiest and most passive aggressive bitches I've met. I am in such a happy place in my life right now, I don't have time to deal with any of that. I don't care to either.

So whether it is in your fitness journey, your educational/career path, or love life don't let anyone get you down. Brush them off and keep pushing forward.





9 comments:

  1. Bahahahahahahahaha I laughed so hard when I saw that picture today because I wa slide oh wait I know that picture!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on setting new goals, and maybe try speaking with people directly if they mean/meant so much to you. You never know what addressing things head on can accomplish and it could all be nothing more than perception issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!!!! We got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some fabulous goals, girly! I totally want to run a half one day but I don't know if that's attainable. And I have that same polar, except it gave me a bruise on my run yesterday. Rawr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your goals! You know when you sign up to run that half marathon you have to let me know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. youre buff! keep on keepin on haha im hoping my six hours of kayaking a day will giveme nice arms soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super late commenting but oh so true! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture, you are looking fit and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GO GIRL!! You are going to LOVE polar!!!! I have the red one.. its amazing..
    Keep it up!!!
    You can achieve your goals this month!!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello! Thanks for leaving a comment! =)